Creating a Mommy Command Center


     With so much going on in motherhood, it becomes hard to really keep things organized.  Some days are smooth sailing while other days can get chaotic with busy schedules and endless chores.  I ask myself, “How does a busy mom organize?” My schedules were posted everywhere.  Doctor appointments were in my hand-held calendar, menus were posted on my fridge, the grocery list written in a tablet that ends up God only knows where, and my kids’ school schedules were tossed about in their backpacks.  That explains how the chaotic days occurred.   It was time to create a one-stop schedule system to help keep all important dates and information; therefore, Mommy Command Center (MCC) was created.

Creating Mommy Command Center has helped with keeping schedules, to –do lists, and even menus in order.  This is a designated place or places that help you keep track of your days, weeks and entire month. 


My MCC



Steps to creating your Mommy Command Center:


  1. Write a list of the things you need to keep track of.  Menus, the schedule for all your family members, the grocery list, blogging projects
  2. Visualize your command center.  Do you want store-bought boards or are you a crafty mom who will create her own boards?  Check out Pintrest for board ideas. 
  3. Find a designated place in your home to set up your command center.  Be sure this place is easily accessible so you can glance over before shooting out the door. 
  4. Tailor your command center only to your needs. I get a thrill when I get to peruse websites and organizing blogs.  But I have to understand that the way someone else does their center may not be conducive to my personality.  Too many boards can get overwhelming and too little boards can make you feel unproductive.  Create your center so it is productive for you and suits your personality.
  5. Now, create your personal Mommy Command Center. 




No comments:

Post a Comment