What is Something That Excites Me?

Google Images
This blog prompt was encouraged by Mom Bloggers Club.  What really excites me about Halloween? The excitement is not as high as it use to be when I would dress as Casper the Friendly Ghost or Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  I loved walking the streets of my neighborhood, where we all knew each other, searching for all the big candy drops.  Since then, Halloween has really changed.  Considering we just moved to this area a few months ago, we haven't gotten to know the neighborhood.  I have found that finding harvest festivals, Trunk or Treating at local organizations and partaking in school wide activities for Halloween helps to stir up excitement.  But what really gets me going is our new annual Harvest Party!! Where you ask... at my home.  This is a party where me and the family stay in and enjoy one another.   I have two toddlers and taking them door-to-door isn't going to work.  Even my 10 year old opts out of the costume for a night with her family.  

So this is our harvest party. We start with something good to eat.  Maybe something the kids don't get to eat on a regular basis.  Something like....PIZZA!!

Google Images

Then we will enjoy making cupcakes or eating store bought cupcakes. This is a great alternative to the large bag of candy.  Not really because of health reasons.  We will devour the cupcakes in a day or two.  However, the bag of candy takes much longer to eat and causes tantrums when kiddos aren't allowed to have a piece of candy.  

Google Images

And we top the night of with....drumroll!!
Google Images

Sit back, snuggle up and enjoy a family-friendly movie!

And this is what gets me excited for Halloween.  I so enjoy making my own family traditions and doing something different from the rest.  What do you do on Halloween night?  

No comments:

Post a Comment